Friday, October 26, 2012

Lower river fish

Stopped by the river on my way home for about an hour. Hooked into something nice with a spinner, but it released after a couple good head shakes. Enough to get me going back tomorrow morning for sure.  Also saw a pic of a nice chum landed mid-river.

Morning update: I think the majority of silvers may have already moved thru (lots of reports on the carbon), and the first of the chum are trickling in. I think I must have hooked into a chum last night. If i were to try again, it would be up by the carbon/puyallup fork. I'm not ready to be done with the silvers quite yet.

Good luck


3 comments:

  1. Seems like were seeing the results of the 2009 flooding at Voights creek hatchery. Hardly any B-run fish as this would be the year the 4 yr (2008 spawned fish) fish return, if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be right. I'm lookin forward to seeing the reports from voights coming out here over the next couple weeks.

      Delete
  2. i think after the rain and very high water over the weekend the fish that were in the river will be way up river im sure will see a few november native fish coming thru i dont think any big numbers anymore now the chum and early steelhead what kinda numbers no one knows?

    ReplyDelete