Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ignorant?

So, I tried to get some video & pics of the river today, but once I got down there, I couldn't figure out what was happening. The river level was extremely high. I figured going while the tide was at it's lowest point of the day ( 4 ft. ) would enable me to see the river very low (the portion of the river near the mouth ), even though the flow was quite high. I was wrong.

I was basing all of this off a fishing trip I took in 2009 when I could literally walk across the river in spots.
Well, looking back at that specific day, the tide was at minus 2 ft!
I'm going to wait till the river levels subside (end of summer), and the tide lands that low on a weekend before I retry this little experiment.

I'm trying to get shots of the 5th st. bridge, Kmart, Clarks Creek, Fruitstand, Swan Creek, and 11th st bridge locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment